Return to Competitive Football (March 2021)...
The FA announced on 24th March 2021 that grassroots football could return once clubs had put in place the additional safety measurers and updated their procedures and risk assessments.
To ensure players, parents/carers and coaches at Sporting FC training and matches are kept as safe as possible we have updated the clubs Risk Assessment, as well as updating the new Covid-19 code of conduct for everyone.
Although now allowed to resume competitive football (contact training and friendlies) players and parents/carers need to fully read and understand the documents below before completing the 'Return to Football Registration' form.
The main changes are:
- Only 1 parent/carer is allowed to attend training/matches with their son/daughter.
- Everyone now needs to complete the self-screening assessment form (found below) before travelling to any Sporting FC training/match event. Parents/carers are responsible for confirming their child(ren) U18 have completed this and have not answered 'yes' to any questions. Should you answer 'yes' to any question you need to inform the club straight away and follow the latest government guidance for isolating.
- Everyone needs to support the NHS track and trace. This will involve coaches marking down who is present (players and parents/carers too) at every training/match. It is parents/carers responsibility to ensure the club has your most up to date contact details.
- Players need to continue to attend training/matches with their own water bottle and hand gel, which is labelled with their name.
- Players should expect to still follow social distancing where possible (arrival, departure, warm ups, cool downs, team talks).
- Parent/carer attending should (where possible) try to watch from their vehicle. If unable to do this please ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
The Covid-19 officer for Sporting FC is still Paul Gibbons.
1. Covid-19 Code of Conduct (PLEASE READ)
2. Safeguarding Risk Assessment (For Information)
3. Venue Risk Assessment (For Information)
4. Self-Screening Form (PLEASE READ)
Once you have read the above documents please click below to complete the return to competitive football registration. Without completing this your child(ren) will not be able to return to competitive football.
Please also remember that it is everyones responsibility to work together and follow the FA and government guidance to ensure everyone is kept as safe as possible. Parents/carers need to support coaches as much as possible by ensuring their child(ren) fully understand the changes to what they will class as 'normal'.