Safeguarding is the number 1 priority at Sporting FC. This includes the welfare of all children and adults in our care.
As an FA Charter Standard Club we are fully committed to ensuring we provide a safe environment for all players and coaches. To help achieve this we follow The Football Association’s Safeguarding Children - Policy and Procedures.
The key principles of The FA Safeguarding Children Policy are that:
• The child’s welfare is, and must always be, the paramount consideration.
• All children and young people have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, culture, language, racial origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
• All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
• Working in partnership with other organisations, children and young people and their parents/carers is essential.
Report A Concern (Whistleblowing)
Whistle-blowing can be used as an early warning system, or when it’s recognised that appropriate actions have not been taken. It is about revealing and raising concerns over misconduct or malpractice within an organisation or within an independent structure associated with it.
Sporting FC has it's own club welfare officer (Paul Gibbons) who oversees welfare within the club. As part of his role Paul ensures club safeguarding documents are maintained and updated in line with the latest FA guidance. Paul is also the first point of call for any concerns relating to Sporting FC.
Any Adult or young person with concerns about a colleague/coach/parent/official can use whistle-blowing by contacting the following:
- Sporting FC Child Welfare Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Moffett (DSO) at Hunts FA: 01480 447484 or email@example.com
- FA Safeguarding Team: 0800 169 1863 ext 6300 or 6400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can contact:
- Police: 01480 456111
- Children’s Social Care: 0345 045 5203 email@example.com
- NSPCC: Freephone 0808 800 5000 firstname.lastname@example.org | Childline: 0800 1111
Sporting FC is committed to treating any concerns received seriously and ensuring any action required is taken to maintain high standards throughout the club. Whilst the majority of any concerns received will be dealt with at a team level and speaking to the individuals involved, there could be times where it can't be resolved or is a more complex concern. In this instance we will seek guidance and advice from the county welfare officer.
Whenever raising a concern (via the email address above) we will reply within 48 hour to acknowledge receipt and will then reply again within 7 days of the complaint being made to update you on our findings and any actions taken, or whether it will be pushed up to the county welfare officer to investigate further.