Safeguarding is the number 1 priority at Sporting FC. This includes the welfare of all children and adults in our care.
As an FA Charter Standard Club we are fully committed to ensuring we provide a safe environment for all players and coaches. To help achieve this we follow The Football Association’s Safeguarding Children - Policy and Procedures.
The key principles of The FA Safeguarding Children Policy are that:
• The child’s welfare is, and must always be, the paramount consideration.
• All children and young people have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, culture, language, racial origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
• All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
• Working in partnership with other organisations, children and young people and their parents/carers is essential.
Whistle-blowing can be used as an early warning system, or when it’s recognised that appropriate actions have not been taken. It is about revealing and raising concerns over misconduct or malpractice within an organisation or within an independent structure associated with it.
Any Adult or young person with concerns about a colleague/coach/parent/official can use whistle-blowing by contacting the following:
- Sporting FC Child Welfare Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Moffett (DSO) at Hunts FA: 01480 447484 or email@example.com
- FA Safeguarding Team: 0800 169 1863 ext 6300 or 6400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can contact: